“We may think there is little of interest or importance in what we personally say or do – but it is remarkable how many of our families, as we pass on down the line, are interested in all that we do and all that we say”
~ Spencer W. Kimball
I've been running another blog for over two years, it's called Tuesday Tell All, and I've decided to incorporate it into this one, so I can be more organized.... hopefully. This was the reason for the blog:
In the last few years both of my parents have passed away, with my father being the most recent in, Feb 2009. There have been key events, like getting married and having babies, that have happened since my mum passed away six years ago, and there were so many questions that I had for her especially during my pregnancy, that I never thought to ask. This blog was created to give suggestions for topics that could be included as part of my personal or family history, and hopefully yours. I will post a new topic every week. Feel free to leave comments with your thoughts about the subject on this blog, but more importantly, simply record or share your answers in any way you wish. You can see the original 'Tuesday Tell All' blog that this blog is inspired by, by clicking here.
Below are a list of topic ideas for recording/pondering or sharing your thoughts on:
- Share a moment that you will never forget when someone has shown kindness to you, or that you have done something for someone else that has affected you.
- How is the world now different from what it was like when you were a child?
- What has been your biggest fashion mistake. Post a picture if you dare!
- Do you remember your great-grandparents? What do you know about them?
- What is one of your favorite recipes?
- What are so me of your favorite things to do, or go to, close to home?
- What are the 5 words that matter most to you, and why?
- What is your earliest memory of school, what did you love about the first week of school, who was your favorite teacher, subject, or playground game?
- Valentines Day - Do you love it, hate it or couldn't care less? Are there any memorable valentines days that you've had, or what would your dream valentines day consist of?
- What do you LA-LA-LOVE.
- Share your love list with us this week.
- Did you have a nickname as you were growing up? If you did, what was it and why did they call you that? Have you had other nicknames as an adult? What do family members call you now?
- What really makes you laugh?
- What were your favorite songs and music growing up?
- Who were your friends growing up, what did you learn from them, are you still in touch now?
- How do you find the strength to do what you know in your heart is right - and has has that strength evolved over the years or how has it been learned?
- How was your Christmas? Do you have a favorite memory from it? Is there anything you would change for next year? When do you take your decorations down?
- So, what is something you want to change this Christmas?
- In one year from today, how do you think your life will be different?
- What was different in your life a year ago, and how do you feel about the changes?
- What kind of Christmas Shopper are you? Are you last minute? Do you do most it at online, or at one store? Do you enjoy it or is it a necessary evil?
- Do you wish you lived somewhere else. If so, where would it be, and what would it be like?
- Do you have any family or friends who have served your country, or any stories you can share? What are your feelings about this day, do you have any family traditions? Who are the heroes in your life who have sacrificed for you?
- So what are some of your favorite foods, and what foods can't you stand. How have you tastes changed over the years?
- What are your feelings about Halloween? Do you have any traditions that you always do? What was a memorable Halloween for you?